Perinatal Mental Health Clinician
Technology has become an essential part of all of our lives – it can even be useful in personal growth work. While using the internet as a mode of communication for coaching and therapy may seem somewhat unconventional, this flexible option offers all of the benefits of a qualified, experienced, face-to-face Coach/Therapist/Counsellor, with the added benefits of convenience and affordability.
The program I use is Zoom, a free, high quality video conferencing program that allows us to see and hear each other using your computer and webcam (and headset if you choose). Zoom is free and easy to download off the internet or install as an app, is free of adware/malware/spyware etc. and, most importantly, is confidential. You can use Zoom on your desktop computer, mobile phone or even tablet (such as an iPad).
While face-to-face counselling is a great option for resolving personal and life issues, it is also recognised that online support is another method of providing assistance when face-to-face services are not possible, or not desired, by the client.
Some reasons people may choose online support:
• People at home with small children who don’t have childcare support to attend counselling.
• Previous clients who no longer live in the same area.
• People who live in regional areas.
• People who live in areas where there are no face-to-face services available.
• People who may move regularly due to work commitments and wish to retain the supportive relationship they have developed.
• Single parents who just need another adult to bounce things off, as well as getting some emotional support for themselves.
• People who are just used to and comfortable with this methods of communication.
• People experiencing separation issues and feel that their friends and family can no longer provide the support they require.
• People who have become “stuck” in their relationship and just want some clarity about how to proceed.
Who this service is not suitable for:
People under the age of 18 without parental consent
People who are in crisis or who are experiencing domestic violence, mental health issues or suicidal ideation.
If you require emergency assistance please see the contact numbers below:
Located in Gosford
on the Central Coast
Located in Gosford
8/16-18 Hills Street
Gosford NSW 2250
Ph: 0429 062 260
Fax: 02 4324 5119
Plenty of off-street parking in our carpark
across the road at 11 Hills Street.